Author Topic: My game is just a Green screen  (Read 2355 times)

DaNgeR

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
My game is just a Green screen
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:02:28 pm »
Hey everyone,

Last night I was informed that a recent update on Steam has caused many to not be able to play.  I did the library, right click game, properties, verify whatever it says twice and got it to say 100%.  Now when I open CS:CZ I get sound but my screen is literally bright green.  I have sent in a ticket to Steam tech support and am awaiting a response.  My other issue is I am a complete idiot and I don't right down my information like emails and passwords for my accounts.  I don't remember my info for my current account that I keep automatically logged in.  I had another account associated with a different email address which also had Source on it in the past however that email associated with it was cancelled due to inactivity so there was no way to recover and I had to rebuy the game again.  Anyone who knows this kind of stufff who could help would be amazing.  Apparently my skills only go as far as shooting people in the head and jumping into trouble against impossible odds.  Hence the name  ;D

DeeVee

• Email me! technetic@xvgaming.com
    • View Profile
Re: My game is just a Green screen
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »
Danger,

You aren't the only one.  Many in the gaming community are experiencing the same thing.  The crazy thing is, after umpteen years of the game engine using HLDSupdatetool, it's going to the "steam pipe" or SteamCMD.  This is the same update utility used to update the newer games like CS:GO.  Since everything is still pretty new, it's gonna take a little bit of time to hash out the bugs.  The overall update is still in it's Beta phase. 

But...it means good news for your server manager!  He'll probably have to re-install and/or reconfigure all of the servers previously running the HLSDupdate tool (which are all of your CZ/1.6 servers.)  But, once the update is complete, it's "supposed" to increase efficiency and optimize game content delivery.

Hope this helps to answer a few questions.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:00:46 pm by DeeVee »

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool!

incubus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »
Good to know.. now they need to bring the scrim finder to cz and 1.6. that would be cool. Back in the day spamming mIRC was a pain in the ass.

DaNgeR

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »
Agree and Thank you DV for the info.  I will wait to hear from the tech support on Steam and see what they have to say.  Just a bummer all I can do is chat and listen to gunfire.