Poll

Drop or Keep???

Drop the MAC10 and keep the Knife
2 (28.6%)
Keep the MAC10 and spray and pray
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 20, 2014, 07:53:26 pm

Author Topic: Ever pick up a MAC10 and think, "I should have dropped it and used my knife???"  (Read 2297 times)

sore piles

• View Profile
So, ever pick up a MAC10 and think, damn I wish I'd have dropped it and stayed with my knife???

This happened to me about 4 times in one game and got me thinking.

No right or wrong answers, I'm just interested in what you guys think!
Andy - Sore Piles

BraveFart

• View Profile
I love spraying it all over the place with absolutely no regard or no regrets at all.  On their feet, body, legs, arms, and especially on the face.  I just keep firing it until it runs out.   :o

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
Since this is a gun that can kill enemy from distance. So I'll keep it, unless it has not enough bullets.

This gun actually sucks, impossible to control( even harder than P90). But one advantage is since it is so inaccurate, so u'll find the accuracy of it is the same while u moving compare to stand still. One way to use it is to try to approach enemies, run by his side (Not in front!), keep shooting his face and keep running, if u are lucky, he will die and you may lost 0 hp. Never use it in long distance engagement!

Btw, this gun is much powerful and useful than TMP, whose power is less than glock and as inaccurate as mac10.

Don't be a Caesium, he has hugest body but cannot even protect on electron.
Do be a Fluorine, he is the smallest but he is able to protect 7+1 electrons!

el toro

• When in Doubt, Frag it Out
    • View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Sometimes I regret picking up this gun, sometimes not.  If I'm in a cramped space with an imminent attack pending from an approaching bot, I love to just pour in on, Bravefart style.  But at a distance, I'd just assume abandon it and go into stealth mode with my knife because it can lead to a false sense of security (just because I have a gun in my hand) and bad decisions sometimes follow.  But, that's just me.

-toro out

P.S. nice conversation topic L8TER
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:07:55 am by el toro »
-If you ask me, I'm LOVING it.

el toro

• View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Since this is a gun that can kill enemy from distance. So I'll keep it, unless it has not enough bullets.

This gun actually sucks, impossible to control( even harder than P90). But one advantage is since it is so inaccurate, so u'll find the accuracy of it is the same while u moving compare to stand still. One way to use it is to try to approach enemies, run by his side (Not in front!), keep shooting his face and keep running, if u are lucky, he will die and you may lost 0 hp. Never use it in long distance engagement!

Btw, this gun is much powerful and useful than TMP, whose power is less than glock and as inaccurate as mac10.

YES!  TMP just pisses me off.  I hate shooting someone 11 times for 97 damage, meanwhile they slip in a one-shot headshot and kill me.  GRRRR

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
Thx El toro.

I choose which guns to use by following my own 'gun preference priority list'. From most valuable to least.(According to there power, capacities, accuracy, easiness to handle, Weight. etc)
AK47>M4A1(Silencer)>FAMAS>SG552>M249>Scout(not for small maps)>AUG>Galil>XM1014>P90>M3>UMP45>MP5Navy>Mac10>Scout(For small maps)>TMP>M4A1(No silencer)
For pistols
Deagle>USP(no silencer)>P228>57>DualElites>Glock18>USP(silencer)

Hope this can provide you with ideas about which gun is easier to handle or which is the best choice in critical situations.

Oh, btw, another reason why I ranked scout so high is that it is lighter than knife, which means u run faster if u use scout than knife. Believe it or not.
Don't be a Caesium, he has hugest body but cannot even protect on electron.
Do be a Fluorine, he is the smallest but he is able to protect 7+1 electrons!

el toro

• View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Thanks for the tip on the Scout, I didn't realize that fact.  I really prefer the SG552 in bones.  I like the rate of fire, and it's pretty accurate.  The colt is great too with silencer, very accurate.  If I'm in tight quarters, I like the Para.  The deagle remains my pistol pick.

sore piles

• View Profile
Wow this thread has made a surprising, but informative, turn.
There's me bitching about the Mac10 and how I unloaded a full clip into someone and only caused 5HP (***artistic license taken) damage and I'm learning all this valuable info!

Thanks for the tips/info L8TR!
Andy - Sore Piles

el toro

• View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Mr Piles, my take on the Mac is that the rate of fire is so fast, it can lead to lag if you just pour it on, especially if you you have others around you firing as well.  So, it can be useful, but mostly it's just a nuisance, like the TMP.  The auto shotty is very effective in tight quarters, it can really put 'em down, it can also get your but killed because it runs out of ammo so quickly.  That's one reason I carry that cumbersome Para around, the bullets are almost endless.  Wow, the weekend is here and it's time to frag soon.  I am taking half the day off, and it's gonna be on all weekend long!  WOOT.

Carry on brothers.

-toro out

sore piles

• View Profile
hmmm, high fire rate and lag, never thought about that, makes total sense!
Andy - Sore Piles

el toro

• View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Try tweaking your MTU down to about 500.  It will make you ping faster, and since game servers send smaller packets, you don't need the 1492 setting so much.  I can help you out if you want.

sore piles

• View Profile
I'd love some help on this, how about starting a new thread so it doesn't get lost?

Something like "Dummies Guide to Settings Optimization"?
Andy - Sore Piles

el toro

• View Profile
    • Hezzbullies Bulldogs
Sure, I can post what I know, some short cuts (i.e. .bat files) you can place on your desktop.  I think it's helped me a little.

sore piles

• View Profile
Yeah, that'll be cool too.

Thanks!
Andy - Sore Piles