Author Topic: Some glitches on bones  (Read 2721 times)

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
Some glitches on bones
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »
Hi [T]echnetic members,

This is L8TER,

It's my pleasure to be one of our family, hope we can enjoy playing together in the future.

I've been played this mod for a while, and I probably realized some general ideas about bones. To make our game a perfect one, I want to point out some glitches in bones and hope they can be fixed.

1 Drop Gun Glitch

Seems that MP5 Navy cannot be thrown away, everytime you try to throw your MP5, it will drop right below your legs and you'll grab it again.

2 Bomb Explosion and TK punishment Glitch

When you plant the bomb and it blows up, it will hurt or kill your teammate. And this is still count to TK punishment. For example, if you have run enough far  away from the bomb to be hurt but the bomb hurt your teammate, you may die and lose your gun, due to TK punishment.

3 Spawn Stuck Glitch

This happens in de_train T-side and de_dust_cz CT-side. In train, as T, sometimes you will stuck next to the boxes. In dust, as CT, sometimes you will stuck on the stairs to at the left side of CT spawn.

4 Glitches of some maps

This is almost not important but it's better to point it out.
de_fastline_cz
Some players will lag seriously when they reach a small area at CT spawn. It's at the end of one side of that basement next to the vent on ceiling.
de_dust2_remake_cz (maybe this name)
Some players will lag seriously when they pass the bridge to bombsite B at T spawn.
de_dust2_revolution_cz
When the Bot team have 10+ players, many of them will be spawn killed and only 6-8 left.
ngl_nightbreak_b1
Same thing, if Bot team have too many players, most of them will get spawn killed.
de_alps
When this becomes the map for the next game, it will automatically change back to de_dust2_cz. And all players will disconnect when loading.
de_riot
Same thing, no map found.

Here are all glitches in our bones I've already detected. Again, to make our game the perfect and excellent one, I'm willing to find out any issues and let us fix it.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
L8TER
Don't be a Caesium, he has hugest body but cannot even protect on electron.
Do be a Fluorine, he is the smallest but he is able to protect 7+1 electrons!

BraveFart

• View Profile
Re: Some glitches on bones
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »
Welcome L8TER.  Thanks for the feedback.  And may I say holy crap?  Dumnut will like your observations as he more technically inclined and has an excellent eye for this sort of thing.  Not everyone is perfect, but he sure is pretty damn close when it comes to the server and it's functionality.  The bomb explosion, I had no idea that upon detonation that if a teammate is killed that it would be counted and scored on you as a TK, and thus resulting into a loss of a gun.  However, something like that may be a glitch into the map programming and something that may or may not be fixed.  Like I said, we'll leave this for the Top Dog.  Thanks again!

BraveFart

sore piles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:28:45 pm »
Hi [T]echnetic members,

This is L8TER,

It's my pleasure to be one of our family, hope we can enjoy playing together in the future.

hey L8TER!

I know we've been playing a lot together, I am always the player behind you picking up the weapons from the mountainous trail of dead bots you leave in your wake  :)

I look forward to the next time!

Andy [T] Sore Piles

Andy - Sore Piles

General DN 101

• Owner/Founder/President
  • General of Technetic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:36:34 am »

First and foremost. Welcome to the family! Glad to have you aboard!

1. Gun Drop Problem
I'm aware of the problem. However, that particular plugin was developed years ago and is no longer in development.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to have the time to get into the code an identify why its doing that, since its only on a specific gun or even it happened on guns at random, I'm not familar with how the debug reporting works to be able to troubleshoot efficiently. If I have some time, I will try to look into it.
Is it safe to say, we'd prefer to have the plugin, some what broken but mostly working, then to remove it from the servers? Seems functional enough right?
Sorry :-(

2. Bomb Explosion and TK punishment Glitch
Aware of the problem. I've talked with the developer. There isn't a fix at this time.
I'll checking back though.

3. Spawn Stuck Glitch
CZ and CS was really designed for a maximum of 16 players to a side. We have defied these odds buy selecting maps that already have a large number of spawn points.
There is a way to add more spawn points using an application, but again, time has been short. But I do appreciate the list you have a complied. We may remove some of those maps from the rotation as they aren't all that good anyways. The others, we will have to add spawn points for.

4 Glitches of some maps
I have noticed the lag in Fastline, but I can't say that their is a fix for it other than removing it.
The other maps you listed suck, other than de_riot. So we can probably remove them.
I'll have to look into why de_riot says map not found. Its quite possible that is missing a file. I've seen a few things like that lately.

Again, thank you for your input. Some of the issues I have been fully aware of, others lightly, and some not at all.
I will try to look into the issues you reported a little deeper.

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 03:54:07 pm »
Hi [T]echnetic members,

This is L8TER,

hey L8TER!

I know we've been playing a lot together, I am always the player behind you picking up the weapons from the mountainous trail of dead bots you leave in your wake  :)

Andy [T] Sore Piles
  Him being behind you is a compliment to you.  No homo.

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »

First and foremost. Welcome to the family! Glad to have you aboard!

1. Gun Drop Problem
I'm aware of the problem. However, that particular plugin was developed years ago and is no longer in development.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to have the time to get into the code an identify why its doing that, since its only on a specific gun or even it happened on guns at random, I'm not familar with how the debug reporting works to be able to troubleshoot efficiently. If I have some time, I will try to look into it.
Is it safe to say, we'd prefer to have the plugin, some what broken but mostly working, then to remove it from the servers? Seems functional enough right?

2. Bomb Explosion and TK punishment Glitch
Aware of the problem. I've talked with the developer. There isn't a fix at this time.
I'll checking back though.

3. Spawn Stuck Glitch
CZ and CS was really designed for a maximum of 16 players to a side. We have defied these odds buy selecting maps that already have a large number of spawn points.
There is a way to add more spawn points using an application, but again, time has been short. But I do appreciate the list you have a complied. We may remove some of those maps from the rotation as they aren't all that good anyways. The others, we will have to add spawn points for.

4 Glitches of some maps
I have noticed the lag in Fastline, but I can't say that their is a fix for it other than removing it.
The other maps you listed suck, other than de_riot. So we can probably remove them.
I'll have to look into why de_riot says map not found. Its quite possible that is missing a file. I've seen a few things like that lately.

Again, thank you for your input. Some of the issues I have been fully aware of, others lightly, and some not at all.
I will try to look into the issues you reported a little deeper.

All good, Dumnut.

Not your bad if some problems may not be fixed.
Just want to point those glitches out. As Sgt Brave said, there is no perfect one. Those glitches are small and almost negligible during the game. Thanks for your intention to fix those glitches, Dumnut. Your responsibility towards our servers impressed me already.

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 07:42:31 pm »
Hi [T]echnetic members,

This is L8TER,

hey L8TER!

Andy [T] Sore Piles

Hi Andy,

Thanks. As you know, this is a game that requires strong teamwork in order to win or only survive. I trust any of you in game. While I was fighting hard at front line, I don't need to worry about my back because you and others are always keeping eyes on it. Vice versa. there is no hero player in this game, but  there is hero team.
Again, thanks man, hope to see you in game later.

L8TER

<--N--V->

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 09:34:40 pm »
Ive said it once and now saying it again....(No Homo) But I love how on track you guys are. I have been in a few clans that werent anything but playdates lol. This is the clan Ive always wanted. Thank you for being so Freakin Awsome....Keep it up guys... GOOD STUFF!!!!!

L8TER

• すべてを殺す
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 11:11:44 pm »
Hi [T]echnetic members,

This is L8TER,

I've been played this mod for a while, and I probably realized some general ideas about bones. To make our game a perfect one, I want to point out some glitches in bones and hope they can be fixed.

1 Drop Gun Glitch

Seems that MP5 Navy cannot be thrown away, everytime you try to throw your MP5, it will drop right below your legs and you'll grab it again.

2 Bomb Explosion and TK punishment Glitch

When you plant the bomb and it blows up, it will hurt or kill your teammate. And this is still count to TK punishment. For example, if you have run enough far  away from the bomb to be hurt but the bomb hurt your teammate, you may die and lose your gun, due to TK punishment.

3 Spawn Stuck Glitch

This happens in de_train T-side and de_dust_cz CT-side. In train, as T, sometimes you will stuck next to the boxes. In dust, as CT, sometimes you will stuck on the stairs to at the left side of CT spawn.

4 Glitches of some maps

This is almost not important but it's better to point it out.
de_fastline_cz
Some players will lag seriously when they reach a small area at CT spawn. It's at the end of one side of that basement next to the vent on ceiling.
de_dust2_remake_cz (maybe this name)
Some players will lag seriously when they pass the bridge to bombsite B at T spawn.
de_dust2_revolution_cz
When the Bot team have 10+ players, many of them will be spawn killed and only 6-8 left.
ngl_nightbreak_b1
Same thing, if Bot team have too many players, most of them will get spawn killed.
de_alps
When this becomes the map for the next game, it will automatically change back to de_dust2_cz. And all players will disconnect when loading.
de_riot
Same thing, no map found.

Here are all glitches in our bones I've already detected. Again, to make our game the perfect and excellent one, I'm willing to find out any issues and let us fix it.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
L8TER

Oh, I found a new issue.

Recently some of my friends came to our server and I found that some of them couldn't play de_cold. They said that a .wad file (or a .mdl file)was missing so they were unable to play until the map changed.

<--N--V->

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 03:28:59 am »
Thats actually something wrong with the players .wad or .mdl file.. Nothing to do with the server mods... Most of the time ive found that they have a map downloaded into their cz map folder with the same name but not the same mod itself. what has worked for me in the past is to go to my cz maps folder and delete the same named map. They will have to download the map again but its Fast downloaded so no worries. They should be able to join once this is done... HOPE THIS HELPS...If not ill research for more . way to be on the ball... Cya in the servers!

* Sometimes steam saves the map files to the General folder. ( Might not be in the folder labeled "Maps" )
* Thanks Steam  ::)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:34:43 am by <--N--V-> »

KILLER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:39 am »
hey n v thx for sharing that info with us ...l8ter, I hope that info would help out ur friends getting the map downloaded ...

General DN 101

• Owner/Founder/President
  • General of Technetic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:36:32 pm »
Altough I would normally agree with you N--V I did discover that my download site (which is separate from the game servers was missing a few files.) I have since then dumped my entire CZ archived folder containing tons of wads mlds etc into that download directory. So hopefully this should resolve that issue.