Author Topic: Here is a IDEA.  (Read 2753 times)

stan

• View Profile
Here is a IDEA.
« on: August 26, 2013, 03:20:15 am »
Ok I love Friendly Fire being on. The thing im wondering is if you have ever played with the mod that when you shoot a teamate it takes  YOUR health away not the poor guy your shooting or stabbing? Just a thought for you to take a look at if you ahvent already.

thanks again for the great servers.

General DN 101

• Owner/Founder/President
  • General of Technetic
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a IDEA.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:31:16 am »
I did look into at one point. Whatever plugin I tried didn't function properly so I haven't had the time to mess with it again.
I can look into it again when I get some free time (whenever that may be).

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:30:13 am »
great idea Stan.  I think that would be a difficult mod or plug-in to incorporate though (possible bug issues) as Dumnut stated.

KILLER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:45:31 am »
yea I think that would be a very good idea if it works out   ;)

SPARTA

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »
OK personally i like the idea.... but i no brave and killer there is a but lol don't hate me.. but i feel like ff is good.. it really teaches us on how to work together and it makes us communicate more when attacking one another... beside the guys coming on just to abuse it by doing it on purpose but that's why we are there to deal with that kind of situation but i like the idea of hey watch your friendly fire cause most of the time we don't do it on purpose we do it at the heat of the moment and it fun having it on.. i don't no.. but that just my opinion but it is a good idea 

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »
Spark, definitely like your side of the story as well.  I definitely like friendly fire because of said reasons.  It definitely increases the camaraderie and skill level in players and it teaches a lot about respect (i.e. who picks up the weapon, who picks up the kill).  That being said, it's difficult because we're all torn apart of what to do with so many recent problematic players.

DaNgeR

• Technetic Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »
Ok I like FF.  Like Brave said it teaches a lot about respect and gameplay.  Makes you an overall better player no matter if you're trying CPL or if you're just a pubber.  Stan I like your idea a lot having the person who's FF take damage instead of the person getting shot.  If we could find a plugin that would operate better (maybe now we have better servers it could handle it) and allow us to at least, try it and see.  Maybe take a vote on it after a week or two?  Anyways great ideas by EVERYONE!! 

MiKe KaMaKaZi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 01:47:30 am »
Don't get me wrong.. It's a great idea but what if dickheads that fuks around gets in the way on purpose and jack your kills or just doing it because they don't like u?? U guys know how they think lol.. Some shady ass mo foes lol!!

stan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 03:21:07 am »
Yeah your gonna have problems no matter the server from guys trying to cause grief so i understand your point. jsut thought it might be ok.

And dont get me wrong I LOVE playing ona  full time FF server.

And im an old fart 42 still playing damn games LOL.

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »
Yeah your gonna have problems no matter the server from guys trying to cause grief so i understand your point. jsut thought it might be ok.

And dont get me wrong I LOVE playing ona  full time FF server.

And im an old fart 42 still playing damn games LOL.
  Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.  40 - this year.

LeviN

• AMXX Scriptor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but there is a plugin I made in which the friendly fire is on, but both players won't receive damage when shooting against each other (it still has the damage effect). Its efficient since it shows that you're doing damage, but in reality, you aren't.

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:06:11 pm »
Hmmm...interesting.  I'm sure that would peak the interest of our commander-in-chief DuMnuT.  He's into technical stuff.  I'm just into beer, video games and naked women.  :O

JMONEY23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »
I remember back then when you kill your teammate either by accident or not......you have an option to forgive or to punish....and if you TK somebody three times you automatically get kicked or ban for certain amount of time.....that takes away some work from admins.

General DN 101

• Owner/Founder/President
  • General of Technetic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »
Yea, its the TK Punish mod.
It had some glitches back in the day and conflicted with other plugins so we didn't keep it.
I'll give it a shot again though.