Author Topic: Individual player mute.  (Read 2250 times)

SPYDA

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
Individual player mute.
« on: June 04, 2015, 06:38:13 am »
I just have a question for you guys.

I can't seem to mute individual players. There are a few really, well I'll say trying non english speaking players that constantly talk with no let up. As hearing stuff is pretty important in the game Id be stoked if I could cut out their yabber...

Telling them to be quiet doesn't work as english doesn't seem to be understood.

So my question is: why can't I mute them through player list or why does it not work when I do? Is it just me?

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:17:47 am by SPYDA »

BraveFart

• View Profile
Re: Individual player mute.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 06:07:26 pm »
I believe that if you press CTRL you should be able to mute players individually.  Additionally, you can type in game admin chat by typing as you normally would when messaging in-game, but - put the "@" in front of whatever you want to say for a problematic player. 

SPYDA

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »
Awesome thanks Brave, I'll try that.

I see that one of the players in question has already been banned a few times but that's not what I'm after. Just some peace and quiet.

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:37:02 pm »
If the player in question, or any other player in question is problematic, we have a section for that to report them.  Activate your console and type in amx_who, or if he left already; type in amx_last and it will pull their player name, Steam ID, and IP address.  We need the player name, Steam ID and offense that occurred, and if possible; names of any witnesses to take any action. 

sanfran

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:50:10 pm »
Try pressing the console button. Go to "Player List" and you should be able to mute any player you want.

SPYDA

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:07 pm »
Ok I'll try that. I tried the control button but it doesn't come up with all players...

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this.

I read the rules/guides for admin section but there doesn't seem to be one for admin abilities.
I know that Im a lowly recruit and probably don't have many admin rights but is there a post anywhere on this site that shows these things or a guide?

The admin text will definitely be a help for when it's just me in servers.

Thanks for all the help,
Signed Admin Noob

[T] seXy

• Technetic Sergeant
  • adrian,26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:18:35 pm »
Try pressing the console button. Go to "Player List" and you should be able to mute any player you want.

this mute option btw spyda.. only works if you are alive. when you die you can hear them again. so when the round starts again,they are muted..
-too seXy ?

BraveFart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:42:04 am »
Ok I'll try that. I tried the control button but it doesn't come up with all players...

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this.

I read the rules/guides for admin section but there doesn't seem to be one for admin abilities.
I know that Im a lowly recruit and probably don't have many admin rights but is there a post anywhere on this site that shows these things or a guide?

The admin text will definitely be a help for when it's just me in servers.

Thanks for all the help,
Signed Admin Noob
you should have vote_ban and I believe that's the basic admin.  Press the console button and type in bind i amx_modmenu to bind your admin key.  You can change the letter "i" to whatever you want of course.  More admin "powers" come over time after we deem that probationary period to be over and once promoted, more admin rights will be given.  It's a safe process to ensure that people aren't here just to get admin powers and to be honest that Spider-man line of "with great responsibility..." can be a loaded weapon. 

SPYDA

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 04:35:47 am »
Thanks again Brave,

I have been scrolling through a few old posts to try and get orientated a bit and have definitely learnt a few necessities.

I can definitely understand the rank system and think it's an awesome idea, earning privileges so that you appreciate and respect their use.

It looks to me like I've joined the best clan on CS rules and people wise.

SPYDA

• Technetic Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 04:39:14 am »

this mute option btw spyda.. only works if you are alive. when you die you can hear them again. so when the round starts again,they are muted..

Ok thanks seXy.

The mute problem has been a bit of a bugger for me for a while. I think everyone must've come up against those players that you wish their mic would break or something.